Save Yourself From Risk of Solvents with SOLSYL

As a mold maker and casting artist, I use all kinds of solvents in my art studio. While I don’t need a solvent for making a latex mask from liquid latex rubber, most other silicone rubbers and polyurethane resins necessitate mixing, dissolving or thinning with a solvent. In fact, the mold making or casting material becomes usable only when it forms a solution with the solvent.

Apart from this, I regularly use organic solvents like acetone and turpentine to remove spilled paint/silicone and clean brushes, tools and even my hands. While I am extremely careful that these solvents should not be swallowed or come in long-term contact with my skin, I was totally unaware of the potential risks from inhalation!

Recently an artist friend alerted me that organic solvents turn poisonous when inhaled in sufficient quantity or constantly and can even lead to brain damage. I was quite horrified until I came across ArtMolds’ SOLSYL Silicone Solvent.

This multipurpose solvent is VOC free which means that there is no potential risk from skin contact
or inhalation. It evaporates rapidly and is safe for the environment. Moreover, it does not have a strong odor like other traditional solvents. To add to this, it can be safely used on various types of surfaces – will not damage plastic, rubber or vinyl.

Now I can safely use SOLSYL solvent in my studio for various purposes – right from thinning silicone rubber and cleaning spills to the process of enlarging and shrinking silicone molds.

0 Response to "Save Yourself From Risk of Solvents with SOLSYL"

Post a Comment